Headress- was finshed under three days- mostly due to drying. My concern I found with the head piece was the clay crumbling away from frequent movement. However, I found a few tutorials on papeier mache and sealing foam sheets armour by using abndage material. So I cut the thin strips of bandage and diluted glue and started appling layers to thicken the surface andto creature texture. I used my hairdryer speed it up and applied five layers of pva glue to ensre that the clay would be secure . When the headress dried I used two layers of gold acrlyic paint and mixed black with some of the painting to create a defination for the motif in the centre. Added the finishing touches by using diluted PVA as a varnish. Whilst waiting for the glue the dry, next day I made the beads for the bottom of the head dress out of Polymer clay. Orginally I was going to use air drying clay, but later found that it was bulky to stay upright on the head dress. Luckly in my local art shop they had gold polymer glay similar to my scheme:)
Figuring out how the headress was going to stay against my forehead all days was a little diffcult , but with trial and error I found it was more effective flexible for it to be attatch to a ellasticated band. Hoping it work , I used a large amount of fabric glue and left it over night to dry over .
Dress- The dress was slightly more simple than making jewellery as the shape I chosen was Grecian- styled dress. Although the reference picture shows that the dress is more wrapped around than straight, I felt it the style I chose was more flattering for my proportions. I bought 5m of Jersey cotton and tripled my measurements to achieve a more 'floaty' effect. I split the material into panels so that the top half the dress was more fitted towards the chest than the bottom half.
Afterwards I sewed the elstatic in from the top half and middle section, then hemmed and lightly pressed the seams flat.