28th July 2012: Starting to sew! I've made some good progress today and yesterday! I managed to dye the dress yesterday- it's a little lighter than I would have liked because the material was not 100% cotton but it could be worse. I left it outside whilst I was at work and it's dried really nicely, no run marks or anything!
Today I cut the bottom off the dress, to edit the length and make it shorter. I used this offcut and managed to make my nurse's cap, and I also got it all hemmed and added the embellishments. I also started to add bias binding to one of the sleeves. I'll finish the other tomorrow, and I'll also add darts and hem the dress too. It's going well :)