21st November 2011: *.:COSTUME SUMMARY:.*
~ Stocking Anarchy from Panty & Stocking ~
~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~
* Parts I Made:
- The Dress – I patterned the bodice myself and used a double circle for the skirt, it was about 4m of fabric all together ahaha. The bodice was a little big though and the sleeves didn’t sit correctly. The white parts of the skirt were handstitched on (on the day orz)
- The Bows – Blue cotton with wire inserted so that they stay rigid! The one on my head is attached to my wig with bobby pins.
* Parts I Modified:
- The Tights – I cut one side off which made them not only fit better but also reflect the fact I had a sword prop.
- The Sword – My dad made the sword and I painted it and sealed it!
* Parts I Bought and wore as-is:
- The Shoes
- I trimmed the fringe slightly but that’s all.
~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~
~ Misc ~
WORN WITH: Felix as Panty
PHOTOGRAPHER: Ian Bartlett & Felix
31st October 2011: Version 2.0 Well, I made it in time for Expo and I also got some beautiful photos! Buuut alot of the finer details were handsewn on the morning/night before I wore this so it is a little scruffy. That's why I'm fixing it up for a version 2.0! I need to take in the dress a little, as well as fix my sash & bow. And stop my sleeves sagging so much lol.
So hopefully you'll see an even more beautiful version of this at Fushicon, whoop!
26th October 2011: We're getting there, I think! So, I've been doing a bit of this here and there, mostly in the last two days and I'm still confident it'll be ready for Expo even if Luke thinks otherwise. So what have I done?
- My sword is now finished. It's a block of nylon withg a blad insert made of sheet aluminium. It's kinda heavy! It has been primed with white primer spray and then the blue stripes were masked and then spray painted on.
- My hair bow is done. I used interfacing to make it cute and perky, and it sits on my wig via bobby pins.
- The skirt for my dress has been worked out, constructed, gathered and pressed. It's 4 meters of fabric!
- My sleeves, after failing to get them right about three times, have now been worked out hopefully for the last time...
- I've worked out the pattern for my bodice after losing my old one from a while back!
- I bought some AMAZING shoes in Primark for this.
So what is left to do? Well, I have all day tomorrow- the full 24 hours even if it kills me- to do the following!
- Fold and sew petticoat in half, to shorten it.
- Construct bodice from pattern and add buttonhole stand.
- Finish puff of my puff sleeves and add cuffs.
- Attach skirt to dress.
- Slot garden wire into my back bow so it remains stiff and perky.
- Add stripe and triangle trim to skirt. Actually I might do this before it is attached...
Do-able? We'll soon see... I wish I could do it now but I have to go to work >_<
21st September 2011: Katana Update Well, remember how excited I was at having a beautiful Katana from CosplayFu? Well nope! Although thier wig was beautiful, the Katana was laughable. Seriously, seriously laughable. See the attached image!
So instead, my dad (who works as an engineer-y type person), is going to make me a new one for free. He's cutting the blade out of sheet aluminium, and the hilt and guard out of black nylon. Then I'll paint it and make it beautiful. We'll see!
24th August 2011: Tights Test! My tights came today :3
Obviously the XL tan ones I bought as a base layer are too small and I've ripped them already, and the "One Size" striped ones I bought intending to cut up fit just fine :| Oh well, they'll do. See the pic for how they look!
NB: In this photo I slightly lightend the colour of the striped tights. The original picture on my FB shows them really dark (ironically the perfect colour) but this edited photo has a more accurate representation of how the colour looks irl. I think it's because I took it on my phone and not a camera, hahaha.
Also, I got outbid on the shoes :(
20th August 2011: Goddamn Perfect Shoes! I found the perfect shoes on eBay... If I don't win I'll be gutted!
13th August 2011: Update! I have decided a few things about this costume after thinking about it a fair bit recently!
Firstly, I'm going to try making it as opposed to buying it. The pattern I'm using for it will be my own custom Bodice from college attached to thie pattern: http://www.feorag.com/gosurori/skirt-pattern.pdf.
I'll be commissioning a white petticoat to give it some poof from someone on LJ- Rinrinhime.
As for the tights, as I have trouble finding them in my size I'll actually be modifying a pair of black leggins I already own. I'll be adding the blue stripes to one leg, and then cutting the other leg off completely because I'll have this; http://www.cosplayfu.co.uk/product/Stocking+Katana+from+Panty+and+Stocking+with+Garterbelt/ radical Katana!
Not to mention I'm using thme for my wig too; http://www.cosplayfu.co.uk/product/Stocking+Wig+from+Panty+Stocking+with+Garterbelt/.
I've a pattern to make her little cat too, which leaves me with just her shoes, which I can find on eBay. Whoooop I feel a little more organised now :D
Cosplay Island is a news, portfolio and resource site for UK cosplayers. Join for free today, create your cosplay profile and share your photos with other cosplayers, or browse thousands of costumes by our members. Stay updated with all the latest news from the costuming world and cosplay events.