6th September 2010: Tunic 3 After failing to find white suede, I bought a rather nice white material which I think is a polyester/viscose mix, thinking that I'd use it for the white panel.
Then a few weeks later, Franklins started stocking faux white suede. Really good faux white suede. So I bought some, thinking that I'd just use whichever looks best against the blue.
As for the blue fabric, I bought some faux blue suede on ebay, but it never arrived so the seller refunded me the money. At this point I decided to take a risk and dye the polyester/viscose fabric with Dylon "bahama" machine dye. Although I'm going for the official art tunic, which is pale blue, in the game it's a darker blue/green. The polyester/viscose wasn't going to take the colour as well as cotton, so I figured if it took all the colour, I can say it's right for the game, and if it didn't, then it's right for the official art...
...and I ended up with the pale blue. :D
After all this, the ebay fabric turned up. XDDDD A month after I bought it! I paid the seller back. It's a really nice suede too, and the colour is more the "game" colour. But oh, whatever. I'm going with the pale blue. I'll save the darker one for something else.
I made up my own pattern by adopting a pattern from a previous cosplay (ball!David Nassau), basically just to find out where the waist needs to be, and the curve of the sleeve(-less) area. Using that, I made a toile with calico. Pinned the calico together, then adjusted that to get the size right. The final calico pieces have now become the pattern I'm using to cut out the fabric.
Hope this will work. I'm quite worried about Flynn's boob-window... er I mean chest opening...