This policy describes the ways in which we collect and use your information (and information about you) when you sign up to Cosplay Island or browse our content. By using the site you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy in respect of the information collected about you.
We may change this Policy at any time. If we decide to do so we shall notify you with news, pop-ups or banners when you access the site, we shall deem your continued use of the site as indicating your consent to such changes.
If you have any queries about this Policy, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to answer your questions.
Information we gather
We collect personal information that you provide when you register with us, use our site and post content through our services:
- Email address.
- We may record your IP address, MAC address or the internet browser which you are using when you view the site.
All personal information that we store on you with the exception of IP Address is displayed clearly in your account settings, which you may change and update at any time, or request to delete - please see our policy on deletion below.
Why do we store this?
Any personal information that we request, store and process is necessary for us to provide a service for you, and in legal terms is necessary in relation to the contract in which you as a user have entered into when registering on the site.
How we use your information
- We use your personal information where it is necessary for us to operate or improve the site and related products & services, or to do something that you have asked us to do.
- Cosplay Island may use your email address to contact you with required email messages about the Service, concerning your account or the site in general. We will not use this procedure for marketing purposes.
- We may display targeted advertisements based on personally non-identifiable information (such as browser type and IP address) and/or personal selection (See the Section entitled "Third Party Advertising" below for more information on how your information is shared with advertisers).
If there is ever a change to how Cosplay Island uses or intends to use personal information, we will post that change to this policy and, if the new policy is materially less restrictive than this policy, we will seek your consent.
How we use IP address information
Cosplay Island may obtain IP addresses from you depending upon how you access our web site. IP addresses, browser and session information may be used for various purposes, including to:
- Diagnose and prevent service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- Estimate the total number of users visiting Cosplay Island from specific geographical regions.
- Help determine which users have access privileges to certain content, services or resources that we offer.
- Monitor and prevent fraud and abuse.
- Deliver more relevant advertisements to you.
By using the site, you consent to the collection and processing of this information.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set, however, if you configure your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use Cosplay Island products or services that require you to sign in and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings on the Cosplay Island site.
Cosplay Island uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- Require you to re-enter your Cosplay Island password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using Cosplay Island's services.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve Cosplay Island's content and services.
You may opt out of analytical tracking at any point by deselecting the option in your account settings.
Cosplay Island lets other entities that show advertisements on some of our web pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other entities' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, and not this policy. Advertisers or other entities do not have access to Cosplay Island's cookies.
How we share and disclose Information
Cosplay Island does not share personal information we learn about you from your use of the site with others except as described in this policy.
We do not share your information with unrelated third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
When you use Cosplay Island, you have the ability to post content which may include personally identifiable information about yourself; consequently, you should understand that if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return, and we cannot be responsible for the use of any information you post publicly.
Cosplay Island may share personally identifiable information about you under the following circumstances:
- In the course of operating our business it may be necessary or appropriate for us to provide access to your personal information to others such as our service providers, contractors and select vendors so that we can operate the Service and our business.
- We may share your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, if in our judgment, disclosure is required or appropriate in such circumstances.
If there is ever a change to how Cosplay Island shares personal information, we will post that change to this policy and, if the new policy is materially less restrictive than this policy, we will seek your consent.
Third party advertising
Cosplay Island does not share any personally identifiable information with advertisers. We may share general demographic information (such as information about members' aggregate interests and occupations) and non-personally identifiable information (such as browser type and IP addresses) with advertisers and partners. Cosplay Island does not give advertisers access to your private personal account information. However, by selecting, interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
Confidentiality and security
No data transmissions over the Internet or via wireless networks can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make efforts to ensure security on our systems.
- We use physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
- Your Cosplay Island Account Information is password-protected.
If Cosplay Island learns of a security breach, depending on the severity we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps, however, we will never ask you to submit additional personal information or to verify the status of or information related to your account in any electronic communication email. By using this web site or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of this site.
Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at email@example.com.
Changing your preferences and personal information
You can edit your Cosplay Island account information at any time to make sure that you information we store on you is up to date.
If you cannot log in for any reason and wish to update any personal information, please contact a member of staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opting out and deletion
We do not store any more information than is necessary to operate the Service, but as a user you have the right to object to the storing and processing of personal data.
Where the information is non mandatory to operate the service as a bare minimum (such as your Location) - you may edit or remove this data from your account at any time, and we will cease using it immediately.
For personal information that we require from you in order to provide a service, such as your Email Address and IP Location, you may request deletion or opt out of this processing by contacting a member of staff or emailing email@example.com. Please note that by doing so you agree that we will need to close and delete your account in order to comply with your request, as this information is required in order to provide a service.
If you wish to delete your account any other data stored on you or content that you have provided, please contact a site admin via PM or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We endeavour to delete your account and full information stored on you within 28 days.
Contacting Cosplay Island
If you have a privacy concern regarding Cosplay Island or this policy please contact us at email@example.com or contact a site admin via private message.
Last updated: July 12, 2017